-
April 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Thanks! Yes, that was really fast... there turned out to be three GT-10s on ebay within a few days of each other...her auction ended on Easter Sunday, her seller shipped her on Monday, and she actually got here today!!!
She's adorable and perfect, with the dark brown hair and green eyes I was looking for and she's dressed in an almost complete outfit from 1996!She and my 1992 Samantha will probably need restrung this summer, because they both get tired of standing after a little while, but that's to be expected. (Samantha and the others are chillin' in storage in California for now, though... it was just better than trying to house them all in my little dorm room for a year...)
She doesn't have a tag in her body like my new Jess does, but I don't remember my 1992 Samantha having a tag in her body either... I just wanted to make sure, though: If anyone has a Pre-Mattel GOT from around the same time as my doll, does she have a tag in her body?
Oh, she is soooo adorable!!!! And, with the exception of the too-big-for-her-face glasses that were popular, she looks so much like I did after I got my hair banged in elementary school... I wish I could hug this seller and I hope was able to get the redheaded doll for her granddaughter that she cited as the reason she was selling this doll...
My next step is to figure out her name... she looked like an Anna to me in her pictures, but now I don't know. Plus, there's a Dear America book set in the PA anthracite region with a main character whose name is "Annetka" and it's so close that I feel like I'd look like I'm copying, even though I wanted to write a story like this since before the Dear America books were ever published. But I do want to name her after a female relative in my family, and Anna was my great-grandmother's name... I'm not sure I'd want to name her after me, but Katherine (Ykaterina in Slovak...) would be my second choice... I think Mary's too boring [edit: ok, sorry, not boring- I just have un-fond memories of being teased for sharing a name (inverted, though) with the Mary Katherine Gallagher charater from SNL] she could be a Julie, but she's definately not a Sue... Alexandra is an option... I love the name, it's my great-grandfather's sister's name and it's really close to my mom's name- Sandra- but it just doesn't fit the doll, and I'm really not up for naming anything after my mom quite yet... she doesn't look like a Helen or an Eva either... Anastasia sounds too much like I'm trying to name her after the Russian princess, but it could work if in her story she meets an American friend who nicknames her Anna... Do you think it would look like I was copying if I did name her Anna/Anastasia? Is it weird to give her my own name? Why is naming her the hardest part???
I'll put her picture from the auction in my signature for now and post pictures of her and Jess as soon as I convince a friend to lend me their digital camera... for now, they're just going to kick back in my dorm room and watch me write term papers...
<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 19, 2006 03:13 PM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font></font>
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 20, 2006 06:56 PM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks